Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Lookout Mountain

Lookout Mountain was my first ride in Colorado (after a year of being away) With Jeff Osar (Big Vegan Jeff) setting the pace, it was obvious I hadn't trained in two weeks (before a three-day drive) Temperature on Lookout was around 80 (give or take) with subtle snowy patches lining the way.  Forgot my bottles (at home) so Jeff let me borrow two of his.  The combination of not training, lacking sleep, and putting on weight (in the form of water and fat) had me feeling fatigued, but stoked to be riding regardless.  Jeff arrived decked out in avocados, so naturally, I knew it would be another fun ride with epic levels of positivity and gratitude for the natural world. Avocados and seafoam green...DUH!


    


Pinnacle - Out & Back - Appalachian Trail

Photo Courtesy of Reb Green @Wild.Bone.Alchemy