Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Commando Revisited

https://stoned-to-death.bandcamp.com/track/spring-revival
I was very excited when Jakub approached me about contributing to this release. In preparation, I re-watched Commando. It was great. The track turned out exactly as planned - Pleasant, fresh, trippy, minimal, melodic, with a dastardly, nefarious, high tension, bad trip of a bridge, only to spiral dynamic back out again. A feel good mix of melody and choppy vintage drum samples. I've always had a passion for warm, fuzzy, saturated cassettes. Round drum and bass tones. I also enjoy sampling "empty" space from super famous artists. It is like stealing production value without royalty logistics involved. The track samples five (or more) artists without touching any actual "instrument" used by said artists. A method I look forward to exploring in future works.


https://stoned-to-death.bandcamp.com/album/commando-revisited
released November 21, 2016
instagram.com/jonburrierdrums

Pinnacle - Out & Back - Appalachian Trail

Photo Courtesy of Reb Green @Wild.Bone.Alchemy